+-550 Exceptional Acres
from Asheville NC
400 Spring Mountain Road, Fairview NC
$19,000,000 | MLS 4093575
Rise Into the Extraordinary
Perfectly set atop a mountain plateau only 25 minutes from Asheville, Pure Carolina’s +-550 acre tract offers a special piece of Western NC that cannot be replicated.
Here, breathtaking long-range vistas stretch for miles and can be experienced from almost every location on the property. Elevations range from 3,100′ to 4,300′, allowing for cooler temperatures during the summer time, and milder temperatures during the winter time, creating an ideal year round climate that is unusual for the region. The topography features a general southern exposure, allowing for plentiful sunshine throughout all seasons. Enjoy the 6+ acre private lake fed by pristine mountain springs that are all born on the property, within this unique watershed cove.
It’s easy to see when you’re here: Pure Carolina offers boundless potential upon a rare canvas that is sure to satisfy the most discerning buyers.
Whispers of a Legacy
Pure Carolina was once destined to be the crown jewel of the planned Cliffs at High Carolina community. The Cliffs Communities are renowned throughout the Southeast and beyond for their master planned golf communities, bespoke homes, lifestyle amenities, and robust sales numbers that have been continually realized over the years. This land was originally also the location of Tiger Woods’ first planned North American golf course, and all golf course construction plans still are on file.
The vision and plan here were once well known throughout the country, and this esteemed land can now be reborn as your masterpiece.
Prime for Your Vision
Pure Carolina is not just land; it’s a blank canvas brimming with possibilities. Envision a private estate, a haven of unparalleled beauty and seclusion. nestled amidst lush forests with stunning Blue Ridge mountain views. Significant potential conservation value both stands to benefit you as a landowner and to preserve a portion of this majestic land for generations to come.
Gated access, privacy, a location close to Asheville, NC, and an abundance of natural resources make this property an ideal estate. Approximately fifty of the property’s acres are cleared and ready to begin crafting your dream. The cleared acreage could be transitioned into rolling pastures, and would be especially suited for an equestrian user looking for a special property with long-range views. Plus, given the land’s topography, creating expansive gardens, a rifle or sportsman shooting range, and any other estate amenities of your dreams is easy to envision.
This land is rich in flora and fauna, with wildlife such as white-tailed deer, turkey, fox, black bears, and more. Miles of existing graded roads and trails are ready for you to explore on horseback, foot, or ATV. These roads and trails can also be reclaimed for a head start on any property development plans.
Other possible uses include a master planned community; residential development; a retreat, wellness, or event center; golf; land bank; mixed-use; or your vision. Quality timber can be found throughout the property, and past development and golf course plans are on file.
Infrastructure and Access
Two deep water wells are in place on the property, with the capacity to support a significant amount of development density should a buyer choose. Plus, the aforementioned graded roads and trails are ready for use. Individual septics would be needed to serve any residential lots and alternative development plans. This land stands ready to support your grandest ambitions, however they take shape.
The property boasts easy access from the Fairview side of the mountain off Spring Mountain Rd. There are also options for multiple gates at entry points to the property, allowing for security and peace of mind to protect a buyer’s development and use plans.
Access and Location
Fairview, North Carolina
Pure Carolina is located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains between Fairview, NC and Swannanoa, NC. Fairview offers the nostalgia of small-town life, while also offering top-rated schools, as well as easy access to shopping, restaurants, and other essential services. Fairview promises natural beauty and the peace of knowing you’re nestled in a community that offers all the creature comforts you could need.
In less than half an hour, you’ll arrive in downtown Asheville. This small Appalachian city offers a perfect blend of neighborly charm alongside world-class arts, culture, dining, and music. Consistently ranked on national “best of” lists, the city has recently received the following accolades, among numerous others:
- Condé Nast Traveler Reader’s Choice Awards: The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa and the Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville both ranked among the top hotels in the United States.
- U.S. News & World Report: Best Places to Live in the US: This prestigious ranking highlights Asheville’s overall quality of life, plus the unique cultural draw and spirit of the small mountain city. The city ranked #3 for “Outdoor Activities” and #15 overall.
- Southern Living: South’s Best Cities: Asheville ranked number three among the South’s best cities, according to its readers.
- Travel + Leisure: Number One Foodie Destination in the U.S.: Asheville’s thriving culinary scene earned the number one spot on this coveted list.
Asheville: A Closer Look
- Renowned healthcare system: Asheville is home to Mission Hospital, a nationally-recognized healthcare provider with a comprehensive range of services. Healthgrades named Mission Hospital one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals from 2020-2023.
- Private airport for easy travel: Asheville Regional Airport offers short commutes and many nonstop destinations to major cities, making it easy to travel. The airport has experienced record-breaking growth during recent years, and has current plans to add a terminal, which will add five new gates for a total of twelve, with ample room for further expansion.
- Thriving outdoor scene: With the Blue Ridge Mountains as your backyard, Asheville offers exceptional opportunities for hiking, biking, kayaking, whitewater rafting, and more, (if you ever choose to leave the recreational opportunities right outside your door at Pure Carolina, that is.)
- Mild climate: Asheville enjoys four distinct seasons with moderate temperatures, making it a comfortable year-round living environment in a beautiful setting.
Pure Carolina now stands poised for a new chapter in the story of this special property. This is your chance to craft a legacy on a grand scale, a masterpiece nestled amidst the majesty of the Blue Ridge Mountains only minutes from Asheville. Don’t just read about Pure Carolina, experience it! Schedule a private tour and see this unmatched land for yourself.
Pure Carolina is accessed through multiple gates. Please, no drive-bys. Contact us to schedule your tour.
For more information, contact: